Cheesy Sweet & Savory Spuds
recipe adapted from allrecipes
• 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup heavy cream (try using half and half next time)
• 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules ( could try using less next time)
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons black pepper
• 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Place the potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook about 15 minutes, until tender but firm. Remove from heat, and drain.
2. Preheat the oven broiler.
3. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Gradually mix in butter, heavy cream, chicken bouillon, brown sugar, and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a medium baking dish, and top with Monterey Jack cheese.
4. Broil uncovered in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
*very good but very rich try using half and half in place of cream and maybe try using less chicken bouillon.