Monday, May 11, 2009

Kitchen room redo update

the kitchen is coming along slowly but surely. painting the cabinets is going to take a long time, but i am working on them. i thought i would show a few projects that i have done.




this rooster was given to me, here is the before


and here is the after with a coat of dove white spray paint




i had this magnetic board for a while but i had tired of it so...



i spray painted the metal with chalkboard paint and painted the trim white

i've wanted to make a chalkboard for awhile now but i couldn't find a frame that i liked and then it hit me that i could use my old magnetic board. the best part is it's magnetic too. i got that clock at k-mart on clearance for $12. i finally got around to sewing my curtains for the dining area. they are just a dropcloth that i cut in half and sewed. the dropcloth was $10! that makes for some really inexpensive curtains!


you can see the curtains a little better in this photo


i should have taken the before picture but the two plates ( on top and bottom) were some that i bought at walmart a long time ago. they had a pattern on them so i just spraypainted them dove white. the middle plate is from the thrift store probably a $1.00.




i finally painted the hutch! but its not finished i need to paint the back. i put one coat of black on and then felt like it was too much black. i think i will paint the back either the same color as the walls or put fabric over it. what do you think? if you want to see the before, go here.


if you want to see more transformations head over to between naps on the porch and check out metamorphis monday links.




9 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

How pretty everything is.
I love the hutch! :)

Launi said...

beautiful, megan! what an awesome transformation!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Everything is beautiful! :) ~Rhonda

Kammy said...

Wow, you have been a busy camper !
Love all your new looks ! Really am digging the black hutch !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello...

Ohhh my...you have been a busy little bee!!! I just love all of your makeover projects!!! I have to admit, until recently I didn't realize that you could spray paint over glass items. Ohh boy, did that tidbit open up a whole new world for me!!! Hehe!!! I love your white rooster and white plates! Just a question...do you prep the glass items before painting and does the paint seem to wear well afterwards? Just curious!!! I love your little chalkboard...such a cute idea and you're absolutely right...not only is it a chalkboard but a magnet board at the same time!!! Awesome!!! Love, love, love your drop cloth curtains...I love the look of the canvas...beautiful!!!

My friend...I just love your pretty hutch!!! Of course, I had to go and take a peek of the "before" version...I love that you painted it black!!! All of your white dishes really pop against the black color!!! I think if it were me...I would use fabric for the background of the hutch...simply because you could change it out easily whenever you wanted a change!!! And there are so many pretty fabrics!!! Just a thought!!! Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your kitchen redo projects with us...I really enjoyed seeing them!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a great idea spray painting those items white! I really love the way your rooster turned out.

Re: the hutch... I think I agree with you - maybe it is a little too much black. I hung wallpaper in the back of my white cabinets that had glass fronts, just to add a little color in my kitchen. Maybe you could "wallpaper" the back of your hutch in a pretty toile or other design. I didn't actually glue the wallpaper to the backs of my cabinets... I used temporary poster hanger tabs from 3M which you can get anywhere.

Your project is coming along great!

Sofia Striffler said...

Love all your transformations. I love the hutch black. As for the background, maybe a darker version of the wall paint or fabric. Your dishes show up nicely against the darker color.

Roeshel said...

I am in love with what you're doing! Every single detail is beautiful! I can't wait to see more! :)

first time home buyer said...

great renovation and when you compare the result its really something new and something unique. You have done a good project and the best thing about it is that you can live another level of quality life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...