Tuesday, January 12, 2010

bowtie chicken pasta salad




Bowtie Chicken Salad (I made half of this recipe)
recipe found at real mom kitchen

16oz. Bowtie pasta, boiled until tender
6 large chicken breasts, boiled till cooked, cut into bite size pieces.
3 can mandarin oranges, drained (I would up this to 4 cans)
2 cups water chestnuts, drained (I left these out)
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped (left out)
1 bunch green onions, chopped
3/4 cup honey roasted peanuts (I used a mixture of honey roasted cashews and peanuts)
6oz. cranberries (left out)
10oz. spinach (add spinach before serving, I would leave this out)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds (I would skip these)

Dressing
1 cup oil (i will try using less next time)
1/2 tsp salt
6 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup white whine vinegar (I used red)
2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Whisk all dressing ingredients together
Combine all ingredients except spinach (I’d reserve a little of the dressing to toss in before serving). Place overnight in refrigerator in zip-lock bag.
Before serving: Mix together zip-lock bag ingredients and spinach…serve (I would skip this of just serve the salad on the spinach to make it look pretty)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...