Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tip Tuesday { questions to ask yourself... }

here are some questions to ask yourself to help you declutter and prevent more clutter.
this tip comes from Woman's Day magazine, April 2009 issue:

BEFORE YOU BUY:
* do i absolutely love it?
*do i already own anything that performs the same function?
*does this item save me time or space, or otherwise make my life easier?
*where will i store this?
*is this the best possible price and quality i can get?
*do i need to do more research before i buy?

BEFORE YOU RETURN IT TO THE CLOSET:
*does this item serve a clear purpose in my life?
*do i have another item anywhere in my home that does the same thing?
*have i used this in the last year?
*is it broken, and if so, will i actually get it fixed?
*does it make me happy to look at or use?

1 comment:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Love the question, is it broken and will I actually get it fixed?

I tend to want to save everything because I know I could fix it. But I don't fix it.

I think I either need to set aside more time for repairs or stop saving stuff that needs help! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...