photo found here
I made this recipe last night and it was so yummy! I served it with mashed potatoes, carrots, salad and rolls. Reminds me a lot of pot roast.
Hearty Short Ribs
Recipe found at taste of home
* 1 large onion, sliced
* 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
* 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms (i used an 8 0z. pkg)
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 envelope brown gravy mix
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (i omitted this but want to try it next time)
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons cold water
Hot mashed potatoes
* Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs. Combine the mushrooms, soup, 1/2 cup water, gravy mix, garlic and thyme; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
* Remove meat to serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
* Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and mashed potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
* could try this recipe using a roast