Thursday, May 27, 2010
Mushroom Asparagus Quiche
Mushroom Asparagus Quiche Recipe
recipe found at taste of home
• 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
• 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
• 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1/4 cup butter, cubed
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and rubbed sage
• Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations. Spread with mustard; set aside.
• In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in asparagus mixture. Pour into crust.
• Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the edge comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Labels: Recipes- Breakfast